200 W. Houston; Suite 143
P. O. Box 1365
Marshall, Texas 75671
The County Clerk is the county recorder. As county recorder, the County Clerk is responsible for: processing, filing, and recording most of the official county documents (i.e.) real and personal property records, liens, assumed names, abstracts, bonds, livestock marks and brands, city, county and school district budgets, subdivision plats, military discharges, marriage licenses, birth and death certificates, and wills, providing indexing and public access to these records, issuing certified and non-certified copies of any documents recorded in this office, and assessing, collecting, and reporting the fees and cost The County Clerk is also the records administrator for Commissioners Court and the County Courts at Law. The clerk’s office supplies support personnel for civil, criminal, probate, mental, and juvenile court matters. Also, as an ex-officio member of Commissioners Court, the County Clerk serves as recorder
and records manager.
County Clerk – Patsy Cox – Ext. 1030
Chief Deputy & Civil – Liz Whipkey – Ext. 1035
Probate – Lori Hightower – Ext. 1033
Misdemeanor – Denise Kio – Ext. 1036
Juvenile – Tracy Hancock – Ext. 1037
Vital Statistics – Ann Turner – Ext. 1032
|County Government Land Records||Fee Schedule
|Mark and Brand Application||Forclosure Notices|
||Assumed Name – DBA
|Birth & Death Certificates
- You may search our land records online from August 1976 to present by choosing the County Government Land Records link above.
- For a request of land records prior to August of 1976, please send a written request with the following information:
- The name of the person who purchased or sold the property.
- The year the property was purchased or sold (within a 10 year period).
- The copy fee is $1.00 per page.
- A certified copy fee is $1.00 per page plus a $5.00 certification fee.
- You may mail your requests to our office using the mailing address above.
- The cost of filing an assumed name certificate is $24.00.
- If more than one owner is on the certificate the cost increases $.50 per name.
- Click HERE to download a blank Assumed Name Certificate and please have this form completed and signed by a notary before filing in our office.
- To apply for a birth certificate in Harrison County, you must be the person you are trying to obtain the certificate for, or be directly related such as mother, father, sister, brother, child or spouse.
- You must have a valid state issued identification or driver’s license to apply for a birth or death certificate.
- The cost of a certified birth certificate is $23.00.
- The cost of a certified death certificate is $21.00 for the first certificate and $4.00 for each additional certificate that is applied for at the same time.
- Click HERE to download a blank Birth/Death Certificate. Click HERE for a Spanish version.
- You may mail this application in with a money order, cashier check, or credit card and a copy of your valid driver’s license or state issued identification card, to our address above or have this form filled out before you come into our office.
- To obtain a marriage license, both parties must be present with a valid state issued identification card or driver’s license.
- Applicants must apply before 4:15 p.m.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age to obtain a marriage license without parental consent.
- There is a 72-hour waiting period before the ceremony can be conducted.
- The marriage license is good for 90 days after the day of issuance.
- The marriage license fee is $72.00 cash or credit card only.
- Fee with Twogether in Texas Certificate is $12.00 and the 72-hour waiting period is waived.
- Click HERE for information about Twogether in Texas.